Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu July 4, 2013
High Rainfall Keeps TVA Electricity Prices Down
The Tennessee Valley Authority is pumping out a record amount of electricity from it's hydroelectric dams along the Tennessee River and its tributaries. The free power source along with the wettest year in nearly two decades is saving TVA 10 % on its July fuel bills.
TVA spokesman Scott Brooks told the Chattanooga Times Free Press the rain has created a highly unusual situation for July because historically fuel costs go up with rising demand summer months. TVA has lowered its monthly fuel cost adjustment for July. The actual bill will still largely be determined by individual usage patterns and the weather.