Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon March 23, 2009
Hickman Neighborhood Dogs Fatally Poisoned
By Carrie Pond
Hickman, KY – Police in Fulton County are investigating the apparent fatal poisoning of some 15 dogs in a three-block area. Hickman police Chief Tony Grogan told a Union City, TN radio station that he was alerted by angry residents after they awoke to find the dead dogs at different homes. Grogan said it appears someone drove through the area and threw out some type of meat laced with poison. A sample of one of the dogs will be examined at the state crime lab to try to determine the cause of death.