Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon March 23, 2009
Herald-Leader Cuts Jobs
By Angela Hatton
Lexington, KY – The Lexington Herald-Leader newspaper is laying off 49 full-time employees and cutting the salaries of remaining workers. Publisher Timothy M. Kelly says the staff cuts account for about 15 percent of the company's total full-time employee base. The plan includes a 5 percent wage reduction for employees who make over $25,000 annually. Newspaper executives will have their pay cut by 10 percent and bonus plans will be eliminated for 2009.