Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Wed May 30, 2012
Henry County's Dana Corp. to Add 49 Jobs
Dana Holding Corporation will invest nearly $4 million to expand it's Paris TN plant and add 49 jobs.
The Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development this week joined with company officials to announce Dana Holding Corporation's decision to expand the plant which already employs around 500.
Dana is a leading automotive supplier of axle, driveshaft, and structural, sealing and thermal-management products, whose customer base includes virtually every major vehicle producer in the world. The Ohio-based company operates more than 90 major facilities in 26 countries and ships original-equipment and aftermarket products to customers in more than 125 countries.
"Our customers continue to develop higher performing engines of the same or reduced size that generate more power, often using less fuel," said Dwayne Matthews, president of Dana's Power Technologies Group. "These engines require more advanced sealing and thermal-management technologies. Our Paris operation has been a leader in sealing products since the 1960s.