Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon July 27, 2009
Henry County Unemployment
By Jacque Day
Northwest Tennessee – The Henry County, Tennessee unemployment rate rose 3 tenths of a percent from May to June. According to the state Department of Labor and Workforce Development, 1,870 county residents are out of work, and the June jobless rate is 5.2 percent higher than the same time last year. Stewart, Weakley and Montgomery counties' unemployment rates also jumped from May to June: Stewart's grew marginally, Montgomery rose nearly one percent, and Weakley saw a nearly two percent increase. Overall, Tennessee's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate has reached 10.8 percent.