Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed December 23, 2009
Henry County Spots Allegro $15K
By Chris Taylor and Angela Hatton
Paris, TN – Henry County Tennessee Commissioners Monday allocated $15,000 as the county's share of the funding proposal for expansion at the Allegro Fine Foods plant. They also approved a property tax abatement for the facility. The marinades and barbeque sauce producer is applying for an $800,000 U-S Department of Agriculture loan to pay for constructing a new facility adjacent to its current site. The 30,000 square-foot building will host a third production line and create at least thirty new jobs. Company officials hope to begin construction by February and finish in April.