Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Tue May 27, 2014
Henry County to See Third County Trustee of 2014... Then a Fourth
Henry County, Tenn. will see its third county trustee of the year take office next week.
The move comes after interim trustee Leisa Wimberley announced her plans to leave after losing the Democratic primary for the post earlier this month. She will be taking a job with the Paris Housing Authority.
Wimberley took over for David Stone after he went on medical leave earlier this year. The Paris Post-Intelligencer reports Stone's leave came after multiple arrests for harassment and that he is still technically the county trustee, receiving pay.
Wimberley’s resignation is effective May 30, at which point Katina Valentine will take over until August’s general county election. Democrat Randi French will face Independent Cynthia Hopkins in that August 7 election.
The trustee is charged with collecting all county property taxes, which amounts to more than $13 million a year in Henry County, according to Wimberley.