Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue May 27, 2014
Henry County to See Third County Trustee of 2014... Then a Fourth
Henry County, Tenn. will see its third county trustee of the year take office next week.
The move comes after interim trustee Leisa Wimberley announced her plans to leave after losing the Democratic primary for the post earlier this month. She will be taking a job with the Paris Housing Authority.
Wimberley took over for David Stone after he went on medical leave earlier this year. The Paris Post-Intelligencer reports Stone's leave came after multiple arrests for harassment and that he is still technically the county trustee, receiving pay.
Wimberley’s resignation is effective May 30, at which point Katina Valentine will take over until August’s general county election. Democrat Randi French will face Independent Cynthia Hopkins in that August 7 election.
The trustee is charged with collecting all county property taxes, which amounts to more than $13 million a year in Henry County, according to Wimberley.