Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed August 5, 2009
Henry County Outages: Late Afternoon Update
By Jacque Day
Northwest Tennessee – About 25 homes remain without power late afternoon Wednesday after storms whipped through Henry County, Tennessee last night. At the outage's height, 2,000 of the company's 20,000 customers were without power. Crews worked through the night after strong winds knocked out several utility poles. Paris Public Utilities director of engineering and metering Bryan Irby says they expect to have power restored to almost everyone by the end of today.