Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon June 1, 2009
Henry County Men Plead Guilty in Beating
By Carrie Pond
Paris, TN – Three Henry County, TN men have pleaded guilty for their involvement in the beating of a 59-year-old man earlier this year. 17-year-old Scott Burregi (bur-REH-jee) gained entrance to the home of victim Tommy Valentine by claiming he had run out of gas. When Valentine went to retrieve a gas can from his shed, Joshua McCurdy struck him repeatedly in the head with a baseball bat and robbed him. McCurdy is required to serve a full 20-year sentence for especially aggravated robbery. Burregi was sentenced to 12 years for his role in the robbery. 18-year old Zachary Hastings, who drove Burregi and McCurdy to and from the victim's home, will report to jail for his 90-day sentence after he completes school in January. All three defendants will be required to pay restitution for the portion of Valentine's medical bills not covered by insurance.