Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon August 3, 2009
Henry County Medical Center Posts First Loss Since 1992
By Chris Taylor
Paris, TN – Henry County Medical Center is finding that healthcare is not recession-proof, as it reports its first net loss since 1992. The end of the fiscal year marked a loss of almost $400,000. Administrator Tom Gee says that although bad, the situation could have been much worse. The hospital was looking at a loss nearing $700,000, but saw an upturn in revenue at the last-minute. The hospital is now averaging sixty-five patients a day and expects positive reporting in the month ahead.