Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed April 22, 2009
Henry County High School teacher arrested
By Casey Northcutt
Paris, TN – Police arrested a Henry County High School English teacher yesterday for having sexual contact with a student. The Henry County Sheriff's Office charged Sandra Curtis with three counts of Statutory Rape by an Authority Figure and three counts of Aggravated Statutory Rape. The arrest was made after police conducted a month-long investigation into accusations against Curtis for have an inappropriate relationship with a 16 year-old male student. She will appear in General Sessions Court on May 19th.