Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue October 13, 2009
Henry County to Discuss 5-Year Plan
By Chris Taylor
Paris, TN – Henry County, Tennessee school officials will meet Friday to discuss the system's five-year plan, which consists of multiple goals and strategies to reach them. Those goals include employing and developing effective teachers and supportive administration, adopting a state-aligned curriculum driven by student data, and establishing an inspiring and safe environment. According to the Paris Post Intelligencer, board members want to secure the plan prior to hiring a new director of schools. The board will meet tomorrow to vote on their favorite candidate for the open position.