Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue June 16, 2009
Henry County Constables Stripped of Powers
By Chris Taylor
Paris, TN – Henry County has stripped law enforcement powers from its five elected constables. The change means constables will no longer be able to arrest anyone or use blue lights and emergency equipment in their vehicles. Sheriff Monte Belew tells the Paris Post Intelligencer the move should actually expand the constables' duties, using them for civil process work.