Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Tue June 16, 2009
Henry County Constables Stripped of Powers
By Chris Taylor
Paris, TN – Henry County has stripped law enforcement powers from its five elected constables. The change means constables will no longer be able to arrest anyone or use blue lights and emergency equipment in their vehicles. Sheriff Monte Belew tells the Paris Post Intelligencer the move should actually expand the constables' duties, using them for civil process work.