Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue June 16, 2009
Henry County Constables Stripped of Powers
By Chris Taylor
Paris, TN – Henry County has stripped law enforcement powers from its five elected constables. The change means constables will no longer be able to arrest anyone or use blue lights and emergency equipment in their vehicles. Sheriff Monte Belew tells the Paris Post Intelligencer the move should actually expand the constables' duties, using them for civil process work.