Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Thu September 10, 2009
Henry County Broadband Effort
By Chris Taylor
Paris, TN – Henry County officials met earlier this week to revise the final draft of its e-technology plan. They are expected to send the plan to internet service providers, hoping to persuade a company to bring broadband connectivity to parts of the county without. The plan is part of Connected Tennessee, a state initiative to help counties obtain affordable broadband to improve business effectiveness, tourism, educational opportunities, and quality of life. The Paris Post Intelligencer reports about 63% of Henry County residents have computers in their homes, but only 32% have broadband access.