Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Wed May 13, 2009
Henry Co. Teacher Faces New Charge
By Carrie Pond
Paris, TN – The former Henry County, TN high school teacher arrested last month for having sex with a student faces new charges. Police have now charged Sandra Curtis of Camden with Solicitation of a Minor. The charge stems from an ongoing investigation that began after Curtis was arrested for having a sexual relationship with her student. Curtis allegedly approached a second male student in one of her classes, but the incident went no further. Sheriff Monte Belew says the new charge is likely the last the department will file against the former English instructor. Curtis posted a 10,000 bond yesterday. Her court date is scheduled for next Tuesday.