Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed May 13, 2009
Henry Co. Teacher Faces New Charge
By Carrie Pond
Paris, TN – The former Henry County, TN high school teacher arrested last month for having sex with a student faces new charges. Police have now charged Sandra Curtis of Camden with Solicitation of a Minor. The charge stems from an ongoing investigation that began after Curtis was arrested for having a sexual relationship with her student. Curtis allegedly approached a second male student in one of her classes, but the incident went no further. Sheriff Monte Belew says the new charge is likely the last the department will file against the former English instructor. Curtis posted a 10,000 bond yesterday. Her court date is scheduled for next Tuesday.