Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue December 15, 2009
Henry Co. Sub Arrested for Spanking Assault
By Chris Taylor
Paris, TN – A Henry County, Tennessee High School substitute teacher has been charged with assault after allegedly striking three students with a paddle for no disciplinary reason. 29-year-old Kristopher Sanders was arrested on three counts of assault after several people sent video footage of the incident to the Henry County Sheriff's Department. Sanders was teaching shop class, where he allegedly made a deal with three students. He would swing a paddle on them, and in return, allow them to do whatever they wanted. School officials and Sheriff Monte Belew seem to agree the incident crossed a line. The Paris Post Intelligencer reports Sanders has already posted bail and is scheduled to appear in court January 12.