Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue December 15, 2009
Henry Co. Sub Arrested for Spanking Assault
By Chris Taylor
Paris, TN – A Henry County, Tennessee High School substitute teacher has been charged with assault after allegedly striking three students with a paddle for no disciplinary reason. 29-year-old Kristopher Sanders was arrested on three counts of assault after several people sent video footage of the incident to the Henry County Sheriff's Department. Sanders was teaching shop class, where he allegedly made a deal with three students. He would swing a paddle on them, and in return, allow them to do whatever they wanted. School officials and Sheriff Monte Belew seem to agree the incident crossed a line. The Paris Post Intelligencer reports Sanders has already posted bail and is scheduled to appear in court January 12.