Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri October 16, 2009
Henry Co. School Board Taking Applications (Again); Approve Sex Ed
By Chris Taylor
Paris, TN – In a 4-1 decision, the Henry County School board voted to reopen the application process for the open director of schools position. Nine candidates have been interviewed and three finalists will still be considered. Board members cited the lack of a wow factor' as the reasoning for the decision. The Paris Post Intelligencer reports the school system will be accepting new applications through November 30th.
In related news, the Henry County School board approved a sex-education curriculum for middle school students. They plan to implement the program within the next four years in the 6th-8th grades. Henry County is one of four in Tennessee that has been targeted by the state to decrease its teen pregnancy rates. Figures taken from there two years ago showed nearly four percent of 15-17-year-old girls were pregnant.