Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri October 16, 2009
Henry Co. School Board Taking Applications (Again); Approve Sex Ed
By Chris Taylor
Paris, TN – In a 4-1 decision, the Henry County School board voted to reopen the application process for the open director of schools position. Nine candidates have been interviewed and three finalists will still be considered. Board members cited the lack of a wow factor' as the reasoning for the decision. The Paris Post Intelligencer reports the school system will be accepting new applications through November 30th.
In related news, the Henry County School board approved a sex-education curriculum for middle school students. They plan to implement the program within the next four years in the 6th-8th grades. Henry County is one of four in Tennessee that has been targeted by the state to decrease its teen pregnancy rates. Figures taken from there two years ago showed nearly four percent of 15-17-year-old girls were pregnant.