Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu April 30, 2009
Henry Co. School Board to Dismiss Teacher
By Carrie Pond
Paris, TN – The Henry County Board of Education has started the process to dismiss the high school English teacher accused of having a sexual relationship with a student. The Paris Post-Intelligencer reports the board last night approved formal charges against Sandra Curtis, who is accused of having multiple sexual encounters with a 16-year-old male student. Curtis will be dismissed on charges of inefficiency, incompetence and conduct unbecoming of a teacher. State law permits Curtis to request a hearing with the Board to present her side of the case within 30 days. If Curtis foregoes the hearing she will be dismissed. The 36-year-old teacher will appear in General Sessions Court May 19th.