Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Mon December 21, 2009
Henry Co. Green Power
Paris, TN – Henry County Tennessee is still waiting on a surge from green power. Hentry County Board of Public Utilities Manager John Etheridge tells the Paris Post-Intelligencer that none of the utlity's customers have taken advantage of solar power. Three months ago the utility reached a contractual agreement with the Tennessee Valley Authority that its customers could sell power generated through green sources back to the TVA as part of the Generation Partners program. Etheridge says none of BPU's customers have taken advantage of the opportunity yet, but between five and 10 customers are considering the project. Etheridge said that a love of the environment and a desire to generate clean power would have to be the motivation to install a solar array.