Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu November 5, 2009
Henry Co. Grand Jury Indicts Drunk Boater
By Chris Taylor
Paris, TN – A Henry County grand jury has indicted a Montgomery County man Monday on charges related to a woman's death in a boating crash on Kentucky Lake last July. 37-year-old David Ray Phelps faces charges of vehicular homicide, aggravated assault, reckless operation of a motorboat, and boating under the influence. The Paris Post-Intelligencer reports Phelps allegedly crashed his bass fishing boat into a pontoon boat while intoxicated, killing 47-year-old Sandra Renee Adams of Murfreesboro and injuring her 16-year-old daughter.