Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon November 9, 2009
Henry Co. Constable Sues for Reinstatement of Powers
By Todd Hatton
Paris, TN – After the state of Tennessee passed a law last July allowing counties to limit the roles of constables, Henry County officials revoked the arrest powers of the post. Now, Constable Thomas Tharpe has filed suit against Henry County and Sheriff Monte Belew to have those powers reinstated. The Paris Post-Intelligencer reports Belew and County Mayor Brent Greer took the step out of concerns for how the county was using its resources. Belew noted that over the last decade, constables have made no arrests while three constables have been arrested in Henry County.