Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Mon August 17, 2009
Henry Co. Considers Guns in Parks
By Angela Hatton
Paris, TN – The Henry County Tennessee Commission tonight considers opting out of a new state law that allows guns in parks. The Paris Post Intelligencer reports a sports complex next to the high school includes several walking trails and is considered a park. Some have concerns about allowing weapons close to a school. Montgomery County officials earlier voted to ban the measure, but have repealed the ban.