Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon November 23, 2009
Henry Co. Airport Needs Required Upgrades
By Chris Taylor
Paris, TN – Landing at Henry County Airport will someday be a much smoother experience. Airport officials committed last week to a $1.75 million taxiway rebuilding project required by state aviation officials. The current taxiway is in poor repair and covered in cracks. It's also too close to the main runway for planes safely land via instrument approaches. The plan is for Henry County to pay about ten percent of the cost while the state picks up the rest. The Henry County Budget Committee will soon consider the request. The Paris Post Intelligencer reports if funding comes through by mid next year, construction could begin as soon as next winter.