Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Mon November 23, 2009
Henry Co. Airport Needs Required Upgrades
By Chris Taylor
Paris, TN – Landing at Henry County Airport will someday be a much smoother experience. Airport officials committed last week to a $1.75 million taxiway rebuilding project required by state aviation officials. The current taxiway is in poor repair and covered in cracks. It's also too close to the main runway for planes safely land via instrument approaches. The plan is for Henry County to pay about ten percent of the cost while the state picks up the rest. The Henry County Budget Committee will soon consider the request. The Paris Post Intelligencer reports if funding comes through by mid next year, construction could begin as soon as next winter.