Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue May 1, 2012
Henderson County Approves Coal Severance Funds Application
The Henderson County Fiscal Court approved a resolution to join 2 other counties in giving away $720,000 in coal severance tax revenues. Court Clerk Sue Baker says the application will go to Union and Webster Counties for approval next month before being sent to The Department for Local Government in Frankfort for final approval. $500,000 would go to expand the Hugh Edward Sandefur Training Center which employs vocationally challenged people. The rest would go to the Reggio Children North American Exhibit.