Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Tue May 1, 2012
Henderson County Approves Coal Severance Funds Application
The Henderson County Fiscal Court approved a resolution to join 2 other counties in giving away $720,000 in coal severance tax revenues. Court Clerk Sue Baker says the application will go to Union and Webster Counties for approval next month before being sent to The Department for Local Government in Frankfort for final approval. $500,000 would go to expand the Hugh Edward Sandefur Training Center which employs vocationally challenged people. The rest would go to the Reggio Children North American Exhibit.