Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue November 2, 2010
Hectic day for Kentucky election fraud hotline
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – It was a hectic day for operators fielding calls to Kentucky's election fraud hotline. Kentucky Public Radio's Tony McVeigh says the hotline stayed active during the May primary, but was even busier today.
In the May primary, the election fraud hotline received 126 calls. But Shelly Johnson with the attorney general's office says so far on this Election Day, the hotline has received 145 calls. "Twenty nine of those were regarding procedural questions. There were 25 calls regarding voting machines. We had 10 complaints about vote buying or selling, and 18 general election or fraud complaints."
In the November 2008 presidential election, Johnson says the fraud hotline received 272 calls. The hotline number, 1-800-328-VOTE, operates 24-7, 365 days of the year, so you are not limited to filing complaints only on election days. You may remain anonymous and each and every call is checked out by authorities.