Most Active Stories
- MSU President Donates 117k to University
- [Update] Who's Bringing the Beer: Owensboro Caught in Dispute
- (Developing - School/Business Closings) A Moderate Risk For Severe Weather As Storms March Northeast
- Listen Monday to Live Coverage of KET's Grimes/McConnell Debate
- Here's What Alison Grimes and Mitch McConnell Discussed in KET's Debate
Thu June 5, 2014
Heavy Rains Cause Temporary Beach Closure at Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park
Heavy rains have forced Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park to temporarily close the beach on Pennyrile Lake for safety reasons until repairs can be made.
The rains Wednesday night caused erosion that washed out gullies on the beach. It’s not known how long the beach will be closed.
Rentals for pedal boats, row boats, canoes, and kayaks that are normally handled at the beach and boat dock area can be rented at the front desk at the park lodge.