Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu June 5, 2014
Heavy Rains Cause Temporary Beach Closure at Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park
Heavy rains have forced Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park to temporarily close the beach on Pennyrile Lake for safety reasons until repairs can be made.
The rains Wednesday night caused erosion that washed out gullies on the beach. It’s not known how long the beach will be closed.
Rentals for pedal boats, row boats, canoes, and kayaks that are normally handled at the beach and boat dock area can be rented at the front desk at the park lodge.