Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Thu June 5, 2014
Heavy Rains Cause Temporary Beach Closure at Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park
Heavy rains have forced Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park to temporarily close the beach on Pennyrile Lake for safety reasons until repairs can be made.
The rains Wednesday night caused erosion that washed out gullies on the beach. It’s not known how long the beach will be closed.
Rentals for pedal boats, row boats, canoes, and kayaks that are normally handled at the beach and boat dock area can be rented at the front desk at the park lodge.