Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu June 5, 2014
Heavy Rains Cause Temporary Beach Closure at Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park
Heavy rains have forced Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park to temporarily close the beach on Pennyrile Lake for safety reasons until repairs can be made.
The rains Wednesday night caused erosion that washed out gullies on the beach. It’s not known how long the beach will be closed.
Rentals for pedal boats, row boats, canoes, and kayaks that are normally handled at the beach and boat dock area can be rented at the front desk at the park lodge.