Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu June 5, 2014
Heavy Rains Cause Temporary Beach Closure at Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park
Heavy rains have forced Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park to temporarily close the beach on Pennyrile Lake for safety reasons until repairs can be made.
The rains Wednesday night caused erosion that washed out gullies on the beach. It’s not known how long the beach will be closed.
Rentals for pedal boats, row boats, canoes, and kayaks that are normally handled at the beach and boat dock area can be rented at the front desk at the park lodge.