Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Wed July 11, 2012
Heath Nominated in Special Election
Graves County business owner Richard Heath will be on the ballot for State Representative twice on November 6th.
Yesterday, Heath was unanimously nominated by the Graves and McCracken County Executive committees to be the republican candidate in a race to fill the unexpired seat of Fred Nesler. Nesler stepped down from his post in May to take a position with the state Department of Agriculture. The special election for the remainder of the term will be held the same day as the general election, in which Heath is running for the next term of the second district seat.