Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed July 11, 2012
Heath Nominated in Special Election
Graves County business owner Richard Heath will be on the ballot for State Representative twice on November 6th.
Yesterday, Heath was unanimously nominated by the Graves and McCracken County Executive committees to be the republican candidate in a race to fill the unexpired seat of Fred Nesler. Nesler stepped down from his post in May to take a position with the state Department of Agriculture. The special election for the remainder of the term will be held the same day as the general election, in which Heath is running for the next term of the second district seat.