Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Wed July 11, 2012
Heath Nominated in Special Election
Graves County business owner Richard Heath will be on the ballot for State Representative twice on November 6th.
Yesterday, Heath was unanimously nominated by the Graves and McCracken County Executive committees to be the republican candidate in a race to fill the unexpired seat of Fred Nesler. Nesler stepped down from his post in May to take a position with the state Department of Agriculture. The special election for the remainder of the term will be held the same day as the general election, in which Heath is running for the next term of the second district seat.