Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed July 11, 2012
Heath Nominated in Special Election
Graves County business owner Richard Heath will be on the ballot for State Representative twice on November 6th.
Yesterday, Heath was unanimously nominated by the Graves and McCracken County Executive committees to be the republican candidate in a race to fill the unexpired seat of Fred Nesler. Nesler stepped down from his post in May to take a position with the state Department of Agriculture. The special election for the remainder of the term will be held the same day as the general election, in which Heath is running for the next term of the second district seat.