Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed June 27, 2012
Heat Advisory in Our Region
The National Weather Service in Paducah has issued a heat advisory for the Four Rivers region beginning tomorrow afternoon and running through Sunday night.
NWS meteorologists are forecasting near record temperatures over the weekend, topping the one hundred degree mark for several days in a row. Officials say if you’re going to be outside during this time, you’ll need to take precautions; confining strenuous activity to the early morning or late evening hours, staying indoors and out of the sun, and drinking plenty of water. In light of the extended high heat and little rain, the NWS has also issued a fire weather watch for our region. The watch runs from tomorrow morning through tomorrow evening. The forecast calls for dry conditions, low humidity, high temperatures and ten to fifteen mile an hour winds. This means hazardous fire conditions are possible, and fires that do start are more likely to get out of control.