Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon March 9, 2009
Hearing scheduled for Eldridge shooting
By Casey Northcutt
Murray, KY – Judge Dennis Foust set a status hearing today for April 14 regarding the October death of an Almo resident. The Murray Ledger and Times reports Brock Riley Ramey is charged with murder and other crimes for shooting that killed Jerry Eldridge and wounded two others. Police arrested Ramey January 13, and he was arraigned before Calloway County District Judge Randall Hutchens shortly after. He has since remained in the Calloway County Jail under a $500,000 cash bond. Jacqueline Ramsey Phillips was also arrested for the crime and charged with facilitation to commit murder and tampering with physical evidence.