Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue April 23, 2013
Hear "Swing into Spring" from Lovett Auditorium (Full Broadcast)
Enjoy our live of music and comedy from the 1930s and 40s from Lovett Auditorium, originally broadcast on April 16. Lovett was filled with the sounds of two big bands, a band-within-a-band, and a live radio broadcast on WKMS, such as one you might have heard back in the 1930s and 1940s. Now you can hear the show live, on demand!
Dr. Todd Hill (Tuesday night host of Cafe Jazz) conducted the bands and invited the talents of many voices you'll recognize from WKMS, including Mark Welch, Dr. Bob Lochte, Robert Valentine, and Dr. Robert McGaughey adding comedic bits and announcements to set the mood of a live broadcast from the big band era. The bands play material originally composed or performed by Count Basie, Woody Herman, Duke Ellington, Stan Kenton, Benny Goodman and many other favorites.
Stream the first half of the show:
Stream the second half of the show:
Download the Mp3 (better quality)