Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Thu October 31, 2013
Health Insurance Open Enrollment Delayed for MSU Employees
Murray State University employees will have to wait a little longer in order to sign up for open enrollment for their health plans.
Interim vice president of Finance and Administrative Services Jackie Dudley said it was time to draft a new four-year contract with MSU’s third-party administrator, and that is taking extra time to finalize. Murray State is self-insured, and requires a third party administrator like Anthem BlueCross BlueShield to manage accounts.
Dudley said open enrollment has taken place in November before without a hitch, and expects MSU’s 1300 employees to be covered by the first of the year.