Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu October 31, 2013
Health Insurance Open Enrollment Delayed for MSU Employees
Murray State University employees will have to wait a little longer in order to sign up for open enrollment for their health plans.
Interim vice president of Finance and Administrative Services Jackie Dudley said it was time to draft a new four-year contract with MSU’s third-party administrator, and that is taking extra time to finalize. Murray State is self-insured, and requires a third party administrator like Anthem BlueCross BlueShield to manage accounts.
Dudley said open enrollment has taken place in November before without a hitch, and expects MSU’s 1300 employees to be covered by the first of the year.