Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu October 31, 2013
Health Insurance Open Enrollment Delayed for MSU Employees
Murray State University employees will have to wait a little longer in order to sign up for open enrollment for their health plans.
Interim vice president of Finance and Administrative Services Jackie Dudley said it was time to draft a new four-year contract with MSU’s third-party administrator, and that is taking extra time to finalize. Murray State is self-insured, and requires a third party administrator like Anthem BlueCross BlueShield to manage accounts.
Dudley said open enrollment has taken place in November before without a hitch, and expects MSU’s 1300 employees to be covered by the first of the year.