Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu October 31, 2013
Health Insurance Open Enrollment Delayed for MSU Employees
Murray State University employees will have to wait a little longer in order to sign up for open enrollment for their health plans.
Interim vice president of Finance and Administrative Services Jackie Dudley said it was time to draft a new four-year contract with MSU’s third-party administrator, and that is taking extra time to finalize. Murray State is self-insured, and requires a third party administrator like Anthem BlueCross BlueShield to manage accounts.
Dudley said open enrollment has taken place in November before without a hitch, and expects MSU’s 1300 employees to be covered by the first of the year.