Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue December 31, 2013
Health Coverage Enrollment Passes 116,000 In KY
More than 116,000 Kentuckians have enrolled for medical coverage through the state-operated insurance marketplace.
Governor Steve Beshear's office said yesterday that since Thanksgiving week, enrollments through Kentucky's health insurance website are up nearly 93%.
Thousands of Kentuckians made final decisions about their health care plans by December 23, the deadline to ensure coverage starting New Year's Day.
People who enrolled in private insurance plans are being urged to pay their first premiums by their insurer's deadline to ensure coverage begins promptly.
Payments must be received by January 10. As of late Monday morning, the state says 84,480 people had enrolled in Medicaid and 31,672 in private health insurance plans.
Enrollment continues through March 31.