Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue December 31, 2013
Health Coverage Enrollment Passes 116,000 In KY
More than 116,000 Kentuckians have enrolled for medical coverage through the state-operated insurance marketplace.
Governor Steve Beshear's office said yesterday that since Thanksgiving week, enrollments through Kentucky's health insurance website are up nearly 93%.
Thousands of Kentuckians made final decisions about their health care plans by December 23, the deadline to ensure coverage starting New Year's Day.
People who enrolled in private insurance plans are being urged to pay their first premiums by their insurer's deadline to ensure coverage begins promptly.
Payments must be received by January 10. As of late Monday morning, the state says 84,480 people had enrolled in Medicaid and 31,672 in private health insurance plans.
Enrollment continues through March 31.