Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue December 31, 2013
Health Coverage Enrollment Passes 116,000 In KY
More than 116,000 Kentuckians have enrolled for medical coverage through the state-operated insurance marketplace.
Governor Steve Beshear's office said yesterday that since Thanksgiving week, enrollments through Kentucky's health insurance website are up nearly 93%.
Thousands of Kentuckians made final decisions about their health care plans by December 23, the deadline to ensure coverage starting New Year's Day.
People who enrolled in private insurance plans are being urged to pay their first premiums by their insurer's deadline to ensure coverage begins promptly.
Payments must be received by January 10. As of late Monday morning, the state says 84,480 people had enrolled in Medicaid and 31,672 in private health insurance plans.
Enrollment continues through March 31.