Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Wed August 26, 2009
Head of League of Cities Announces Resignation
Lexington, KY – The head of the Kentucky League of Cities has announced that she plans to resign effective January 1. Sylvia Lovely, who has worked for the organization for 22 years, says she will pursue other opportunities.
The League of Cities executive board has accepted her resignation, which comes on the heels of a series of stories by the Lexington Herald-Leader about lavish spending.
The newspaper reported Lovely's 2008 compensation package of $315,000, including the use of a BMW sports utility vehicle. Lovely was one of three executives in the organization who spent more than $300,000 in three years on travel, meals and other items such as sports tickets.
Lovely said in a written statement that she wants to accept responsibility for the organization's loss of credibility.