Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon September 3, 2012
HCHC Prepares for Changes in Nursing Care
A lack of patients is bringing changes to the Henry County Medical Center’s hospital-run nursing home, the Henry County Healthcare Center. The facility has capacity for 150 residents, but around 30 beds are consistently empty and it’s spent the past few weeks in restructuring mode. Hospital officials have shut down one hall and cut two full-time jobs. They also expect to limit the number of new hires in the coming years.
Angela Hatton spoke with CEO Tom Gee about the move, and how it reflects a shift of view as the hospital prepares for the future in geriatric care.