Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon September 3, 2012
HCHC Prepares for Changes in Nursing Care
A lack of patients is bringing changes to the Henry County Medical Center’s hospital-run nursing home, the Henry County Healthcare Center. The facility has capacity for 150 residents, but around 30 beds are consistently empty and it’s spent the past few weeks in restructuring mode. Hospital officials have shut down one hall and cut two full-time jobs. They also expect to limit the number of new hires in the coming years.
Angela Hatton spoke with CEO Tom Gee about the move, and how it reflects a shift of view as the hospital prepares for the future in geriatric care.