Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon September 3, 2012
HCHC Prepares for Changes in Nursing Care
A lack of patients is bringing changes to the Henry County Medical Center’s hospital-run nursing home, the Henry County Healthcare Center. The facility has capacity for 150 residents, but around 30 beds are consistently empty and it’s spent the past few weeks in restructuring mode. Hospital officials have shut down one hall and cut two full-time jobs. They also expect to limit the number of new hires in the coming years.
Angela Hatton spoke with CEO Tom Gee about the move, and how it reflects a shift of view as the hospital prepares for the future in geriatric care.