Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu March 15, 2012
Haynes is New Health and Family Secretary
Gov. Steve Beshear has named Audrey Tayse Haynes of Adair County as the new Secretary for the Cabinet for Health and Family Services. The cabinet is responsible for overseeing Medicaid and social services, including child welfare programs. Haynes will begin on April 16th.
Haynes will replace Eric Freidlander who was serving as the interim secretary after Janie Miller resigned last month. The cabinet is responsible for overseeing Medicaid and social services, including child welfare programs.
Haynes is from Adair County and earned a master’s degree in social work from the University of Kentucky. She has previous experience in the community mental health system as an alcohol and drug counselor.
Haynes previously served 10 years as the senior vice president and chief government affairs officer of YMCA of the USA. She also worked in the Clinton Administration as director of the White House Office of Women's Initiatives and Outreach.
Haynes will begin on April 16.