Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu August 13, 2009
Hats Off to Horses
By Stu Johnson
Lexington, KY – The fifth annual "Hats Off to Kentucky's Horse Industry Day" takes place Saturday at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington. State first lady Jane Beshear says the horse industry's 8-billion-dollar economic impact on the Commonwealth goes well beyond racing and breeding, and affects the entire state.
"It's the people who drive the feed truck... it's the people who grow the hay... it's the people who grow the grain... it's the people who operate the shops where people might buy horse tack or clothing to be able to participate in these shows."
The free event will include equine activities including demonstrations of all eight disciplines featured in next year's world equestrian games.