Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Baptists Take Credit for Failure of Medical Marijuana Bills
- Murray State Renews Steve Prohm's Contract Through 2020
- Former Murray High Assistant Coach Pleads Guilty to Rape Cases
- Battle of the Bands 2015: Congratulations BIG ATOMIC!
- Study: Calloway, Lyon Counties Among the Healthiest in Kentucky
Tue May 20, 2014
Hatchett Wins to Embark on 3rd Straight Showdown with Whitfield
Charles Hatchett has won his third consecutive Democratic primary in the race for Kentucky's 1st Congressional District. Hatchett defeated 25 year-old Murray State student and employee Wesley Bolin 55.23 percent to 44.77.
The 65 year old auctioneer and real estate broker from Marshall County says if elected in November he would bring the political focus back to the people to make the government the servant of Kentuckians.
Incumbent Ed Whitfield has handily beat Hatchet in the last three election cycles.