Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- Paducah Receives $400k Grant for New Park
- Dr. Richard Carrier on the Historicity of Jesus
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
Tue May 20, 2014
Hatchett Wins to Embark on 3rd Straight Showdown with Whitfield
Charles Hatchett has won his third consecutive Democratic primary in the race for Kentucky's 1st Congressional District. Hatchett defeated 25 year-old Murray State student and employee Wesley Bolin 55.23 percent to 44.77.
The 65 year old auctioneer and real estate broker from Marshall County says if elected in November he would bring the political focus back to the people to make the government the servant of Kentuckians.
Incumbent Ed Whitfield has handily beat Hatchet in the last three election cycles.