Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- Kentucky Sees Big Change in the Number of People Who Drink Alcohol
- More Patients Visiting ERs Despite Affordable Care Act
- MSU Alumnus Featured in National Geographic DocuDrama "American Genius"
Tue May 20, 2014
Hatchett Wins to Embark on 3rd Straight Showdown with Whitfield
Charles Hatchett has won his third consecutive Democratic primary in the race for Kentucky's 1st Congressional District. Hatchett defeated 25 year-old Murray State student and employee Wesley Bolin 55.23 percent to 44.77.
The 65 year old auctioneer and real estate broker from Marshall County says if elected in November he would bring the political focus back to the people to make the government the servant of Kentuckians.
Incumbent Ed Whitfield has handily beat Hatchet in the last three election cycles.