Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue May 20, 2014
Hatchett Wins to Embark on 3rd Straight Showdown with Whitfield
Charles Hatchett has won his third consecutive Democratic primary in the race for Kentucky's 1st Congressional District. Hatchett defeated 25 year-old Murray State student and employee Wesley Bolin 55.23 percent to 44.77.
The 65 year old auctioneer and real estate broker from Marshall County says if elected in November he would bring the political focus back to the people to make the government the servant of Kentuckians.
Incumbent Ed Whitfield has handily beat Hatchet in the last three election cycles.