Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue May 20, 2014
Hatchett Wins to Embark on 3rd Straight Showdown with Whitfield
Charles Hatchett has won his third consecutive Democratic primary in the race for Kentucky's 1st Congressional District. Hatchett defeated 25 year-old Murray State student and employee Wesley Bolin 55.23 percent to 44.77.
The 65 year old auctioneer and real estate broker from Marshall County says if elected in November he would bring the political focus back to the people to make the government the servant of Kentuckians.
Incumbent Ed Whitfield has handily beat Hatchet in the last three election cycles.