Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Fri January 24, 2014
Hatchett Enters Democratic Race for 1st District U.S. House
Marshall County real estate broker Charles Hatchett has joined the race for the Democratic nomination to oppose Republican 1st District U.S. Congressman Ed Whitfield. Hatchett filed his paperwork with the Secretary of State’s office today. He will face Wesley Bolin of Murray in May’s Democratic primary.
This will be Hatchett’s third run for the 1st District seat. He lost to Whitfield in 2010 and 2012, both times by 70 percent of the vote.