Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu June 13, 2013
Haslam Names Burns Phillips New TN Labor Commissioner
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam has named Burns Phillips the new commissioner of the Department of Labor and Workforce Development. The 64-year-old Phillips had been serving as acting commissioner of the department. He came over from the Finance Department where he was managing director of customer-focused government initiatives administration-wide.
Haslam says Phillips is a good fit for the department because he has "both public and private sector experience and has served in multiple departments at the state level."