Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu June 13, 2013
Haslam Names Burns Phillips New TN Labor Commissioner
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam has named Burns Phillips the new commissioner of the Department of Labor and Workforce Development. The 64-year-old Phillips had been serving as acting commissioner of the department. He came over from the Finance Department where he was managing director of customer-focused government initiatives administration-wide.
Haslam says Phillips is a good fit for the department because he has "both public and private sector experience and has served in multiple departments at the state level."