Most Active Stories
- Snowfall Predictions Grow; Icing Expected in Southern Western Kentucky Overnight
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Thu June 13, 2013
Haslam Names Burns Phillips New TN Labor Commissioner
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam has named Burns Phillips the new commissioner of the Department of Labor and Workforce Development. The 64-year-old Phillips had been serving as acting commissioner of the department. He came over from the Finance Department where he was managing director of customer-focused government initiatives administration-wide.
Haslam says Phillips is a good fit for the department because he has "both public and private sector experience and has served in multiple departments at the state level."