Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri November 9, 2012
Haslam Makes No Change to Open Records Laws
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam won't change how the executive branch handles open records requests. Haslam says his initial concerns about the abuse of open records laws have been put to rest. He has instructed his cabinet to expedite getting records to the public and news media.
In February Haslam said he wanted a uniform open records policy because of differing fees across state agencies. After reviewing the policy he says the current system best addresses the demands for records in each of the departments. So some agencies will continue to charge for records copies.