Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed December 5, 2012
Haslam: Excluding Colleges Key to TN Gun Law Deal
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam says excluding college campuses from a bill allowing employees to keep firearms in their vehicles at work is vital. Haslam says he expects lawmakers to compromise on the bill that caused consternation earlier this year. The business lobby opposes the National Rifle Association-backed measure because they say it intrudes on their property rights. Gun advocates argue banning guns in company lots leave workers unarmed during their commute.
Haslam says he won’t take a lead on the issue but he will fight to keep educational institutions out of the final version.