Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Fri August 16, 2013
Haslam Awards More Than $1.6M To Improve Parks
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam is awarding more than $1.6 million in grants to improve Tennessee parks and recreational areas. The Recreational Trails Program is a federally funded program established to distribute funding for diverse recreation trail projects.
Twelve grants are being awarded. Haslam says the grants assist local governments and organizations in improving community amenities such as trails, greenways and recreational facilities. Funding for the grants is provided by the Federal Highway Administration.