Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Fri August 16, 2013
Haslam Awards More Than $1.6M To Improve Parks
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam is awarding more than $1.6 million in grants to improve Tennessee parks and recreational areas. The Recreational Trails Program is a federally funded program established to distribute funding for diverse recreation trail projects.
Twelve grants are being awarded. Haslam says the grants assist local governments and organizations in improving community amenities such as trails, greenways and recreational facilities. Funding for the grants is provided by the Federal Highway Administration.