Most Active Stories
- Snowfall Predictions Grow; Icing Expected in Southern Western Kentucky Overnight
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Preserving Our Voices 2013
Fri August 16, 2013
Haslam Awards More Than $1.6M To Improve Parks
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam is awarding more than $1.6 million in grants to improve Tennessee parks and recreational areas. The Recreational Trails Program is a federally funded program established to distribute funding for diverse recreation trail projects.
Twelve grants are being awarded. Haslam says the grants assist local governments and organizations in improving community amenities such as trails, greenways and recreational facilities. Funding for the grants is provided by the Federal Highway Administration.