Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri August 16, 2013
Haslam Awards More Than $1.6M To Improve Parks
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam is awarding more than $1.6 million in grants to improve Tennessee parks and recreational areas. The Recreational Trails Program is a federally funded program established to distribute funding for diverse recreation trail projects.
Twelve grants are being awarded. Haslam says the grants assist local governments and organizations in improving community amenities such as trails, greenways and recreational facilities. Funding for the grants is provided by the Federal Highway Administration.