Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Thu December 14, 2006
Hanson Elementary School Part 1
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – Hanson Elementary School serves 529 students, and has been operating since 1928. Recently Kentucky Interim Education Commissioner Kevin Noland visited Hanson Elementary to celebrate the Hopkins County school's achievement in earning a National Blue Ribbon School award. Kate Lochte interviewed principle, Deanne Ashby about how the teachers and students approached the task of becoming a pacesetting school and how they earned the prestigious award.
Click the "Listen" icon to hear part one of Kate Lochte's interview with Deanne, DeDe, Ashby.