Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed May 9, 2012
Hamburger Hill Veterans Returning to Fort Campbell
Dozens of Vietnam era military veterans are at Fort Campbell today to commemorate the 43rd anniversary of the Battle of Hamburger Hill. The battle took place in May 1969, involving the 3rd Brigade of the 101st Airborne Division. After one of the bloodiest confrontations of the Vietnam War, U.S. and South Vietnamese forces captured the mountain that the Americans referred to as "Hamburger Hill."
The memorial ceremony today will include a jump by the 101st Airborne Division Parachute Demonstration Team, presentation of Presidential Unit Citation medals, and a certificate presentation to the assembled veterans.