Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Wed May 9, 2012
Hamburger Hill Veterans Returning to Fort Campbell
Dozens of Vietnam era military veterans are at Fort Campbell today to commemorate the 43rd anniversary of the Battle of Hamburger Hill. The battle took place in May 1969, involving the 3rd Brigade of the 101st Airborne Division. After one of the bloodiest confrontations of the Vietnam War, U.S. and South Vietnamese forces captured the mountain that the Americans referred to as "Hamburger Hill."
The memorial ceremony today will include a jump by the 101st Airborne Division Parachute Demonstration Team, presentation of Presidential Unit Citation medals, and a certificate presentation to the assembled veterans.