Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Wed May 9, 2012
Hamburger Hill Veterans Returning to Fort Campbell
Dozens of Vietnam era military veterans are at Fort Campbell today to commemorate the 43rd anniversary of the Battle of Hamburger Hill. The battle took place in May 1969, involving the 3rd Brigade of the 101st Airborne Division. After one of the bloodiest confrontations of the Vietnam War, U.S. and South Vietnamese forces captured the mountain that the Americans referred to as "Hamburger Hill."
The memorial ceremony today will include a jump by the 101st Airborne Division Parachute Demonstration Team, presentation of Presidential Unit Citation medals, and a certificate presentation to the assembled veterans.