Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri September 4, 2009
H1N1: A Talk with a Preparedness Coordinator
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Murray, KY – The H1N1 rumor mill spreads far and wide. Whether it's elementary schools turned to ghost towns after parents keep their kids at home, or the idea of quarantining infected college students in old dormitories, panic can spread quickly. Rebecca Feldhaus speaks with Kathie Hunt, the Purchase District Health Department Preparedness Coordinator about the area's plan for the threat of H1N1.