Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon July 1, 2013
Guns In Parking Lots Among New TN Laws
A Tennessee measure allowing people with handgun carry permits to store firearms in their vehicles no matter where they’re parked is among a number of new state laws taking effect today. The gun measure goes into effect despite questions about what it means for employment law in Tennessee. It allows workers to store guns in cars while parked in employers' lots.
Other measures taking effect include a law allowing school districts to let people with police training be armed in schools, and one requiring incoming students at public higher education institutions to show proof they've had meningitis shots.