Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Mon July 1, 2013
Guns In Parking Lots Among New TN Laws
A Tennessee measure allowing people with handgun carry permits to store firearms in their vehicles no matter where they’re parked is among a number of new state laws taking effect today. The gun measure goes into effect despite questions about what it means for employment law in Tennessee. It allows workers to store guns in cars while parked in employers' lots.
Other measures taking effect include a law allowing school districts to let people with police training be armed in schools, and one requiring incoming students at public higher education institutions to show proof they've had meningitis shots.