Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon July 1, 2013
Guns In Parking Lots Among New TN Laws
A Tennessee measure allowing people with handgun carry permits to store firearms in their vehicles no matter where they’re parked is among a number of new state laws taking effect today. The gun measure goes into effect despite questions about what it means for employment law in Tennessee. It allows workers to store guns in cars while parked in employers' lots.
Other measures taking effect include a law allowing school districts to let people with police training be armed in schools, and one requiring incoming students at public higher education institutions to show proof they've had meningitis shots.