Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon July 1, 2013
Guns In Parking Lots Among New TN Laws
A Tennessee measure allowing people with handgun carry permits to store firearms in their vehicles no matter where they’re parked is among a number of new state laws taking effect today. The gun measure goes into effect despite questions about what it means for employment law in Tennessee. It allows workers to store guns in cars while parked in employers' lots.
Other measures taking effect include a law allowing school districts to let people with police training be armed in schools, and one requiring incoming students at public higher education institutions to show proof they've had meningitis shots.