Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon July 1, 2013
Guns In Parking Lots Among New TN Laws
A Tennessee measure allowing people with handgun carry permits to store firearms in their vehicles no matter where they’re parked is among a number of new state laws taking effect today. The gun measure goes into effect despite questions about what it means for employment law in Tennessee. It allows workers to store guns in cars while parked in employers' lots.
Other measures taking effect include a law allowing school districts to let people with police training be armed in schools, and one requiring incoming students at public higher education institutions to show proof they've had meningitis shots.