Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu June 4, 2009
Guns in Bars Veto Overridden
By Angela Hatton
Nashville, TN – The Tennessee Senate has now joined the House in overriding Governor Phil Bredesen's veto of a bill to allow residents to carry handguns in bars and restaurants that serve alcohol. The Senate voted 21-9 against the veto today, a day after the House voted 69-27. Before the governor's veto, the measure was to take effect June 1, but will now be effective July 14. Currently, 37 states have similar legislation.