Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu June 4, 2009
Guns in Bars Veto Overridden
By Angela Hatton
Nashville, TN – The Tennessee Senate has now joined the House in overriding Governor Phil Bredesen's veto of a bill to allow residents to carry handguns in bars and restaurants that serve alcohol. The Senate voted 21-9 against the veto today, a day after the House voted 69-27. Before the governor's veto, the measure was to take effect June 1, but will now be effective July 14. Currently, 37 states have similar legislation.