Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu June 4, 2009
Guns in Bars Veto Overridden
By Angela Hatton
Nashville, TN – The Tennessee Senate has now joined the House in overriding Governor Phil Bredesen's veto of a bill to allow residents to carry handguns in bars and restaurants that serve alcohol. The Senate voted 21-9 against the veto today, a day after the House voted 69-27. Before the governor's veto, the measure was to take effect June 1, but will now be effective July 14. Currently, 37 states have similar legislation.