Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue July 14, 2009
Guns in Bars Law Takes Effect
By Angela Hatton
Nashville, TN – On just its first (second) day in effect, a new law that allows handguns in Tennessee bars and restaurants is being met with opposition from some establishments' owners. Many bar and restaurant owners are already taking steps to prohibit the weapons by using a provision of the law that allows them to post signs saying guns are not allowed. At least one county tried and failed to gain an injunction to block the law.