Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue July 14, 2009
Guns in Bars Law Takes Effect
By Angela Hatton
Nashville, TN – On just its first (second) day in effect, a new law that allows handguns in Tennessee bars and restaurants is being met with opposition from some establishments' owners. Many bar and restaurant owners are already taking steps to prohibit the weapons by using a provision of the law that allows them to post signs saying guns are not allowed. At least one county tried and failed to gain an injunction to block the law.