Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Mon February 25, 2013
Gun Control Group Continues Ad Campaign Against Mitch McConnell
Originally published on Tue February 26, 2013 1:46 pm
Progressive Change Campaign Committee has launched a new ad criticizing Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell over proposed gun control measures.
This is the second spot by the group to target McConnell, and like the previous ad it features a Kentucky gun owner and military veteran who supports a ban on assault weapons.
The McConnell campaign has criticized the group for taking contributions from liberal billionaire George Soros and says the GOP leader is a "stalwart" defender of the Second Amendment.
As Pure Politics points out, McConnell has balked on whether he would back a ban on semi-automatic firearms. But his voting record shows he has opposed more regulations.