Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Mon February 25, 2013
Gun Control Group Continues Ad Campaign Against Mitch McConnell
Originally published on Tue February 26, 2013 1:46 pm
Progressive Change Campaign Committee has launched a new ad criticizing Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell over proposed gun control measures.
This is the second spot by the group to target McConnell, and like the previous ad it features a Kentucky gun owner and military veteran who supports a ban on assault weapons.
The McConnell campaign has criticized the group for taking contributions from liberal billionaire George Soros and says the GOP leader is a "stalwart" defender of the Second Amendment.
As Pure Politics points out, McConnell has balked on whether he would back a ban on semi-automatic firearms. But his voting record shows he has opposed more regulations.