Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Mon February 25, 2013
Gun Control Group Continues Ad Campaign Against Mitch McConnell
Originally published on Tue February 26, 2013 1:46 pm
Progressive Change Campaign Committee has launched a new ad criticizing Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell over proposed gun control measures.
This is the second spot by the group to target McConnell, and like the previous ad it features a Kentucky gun owner and military veteran who supports a ban on assault weapons.
The McConnell campaign has criticized the group for taking contributions from liberal billionaire George Soros and says the GOP leader is a "stalwart" defender of the Second Amendment.
As Pure Politics points out, McConnell has balked on whether he would back a ban on semi-automatic firearms. But his voting record shows he has opposed more regulations.