Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon February 25, 2013
Gun Control Group Continues Ad Campaign Against Mitch McConnell
Originally published on Tue February 26, 2013 1:46 pm
Progressive Change Campaign Committee has launched a new ad criticizing Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell over proposed gun control measures.
This is the second spot by the group to target McConnell, and like the previous ad it features a Kentucky gun owner and military veteran who supports a ban on assault weapons.
The McConnell campaign has criticized the group for taking contributions from liberal billionaire George Soros and says the GOP leader is a "stalwart" defender of the Second Amendment.
As Pure Politics points out, McConnell has balked on whether he would back a ban on semi-automatic firearms. But his voting record shows he has opposed more regulations.