Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu June 18, 2009
Grow Trigg Responds to Petition Publication Threats
By Casey Northcutt
Cadiz, KY – The group vying for a vote on alcohol sales in Trigg County plans to respond to threats of publicizing their petition. Grow Trigg co-founder Jan Culwell says the group has collected nearly 13 hundred signatures on their petition to bring the wet/dry issue to a vote. Opposing group Trigg Citizens Against Alcohol have threatened to publish the petition in a local newspaper. This worries business owners who signed the petition anonymously to avoid losing customers. Culwell says 47 members donated money last night to purchase a newspaper ad to reiterate Grow Trigg's pride in its goal. The group's next meeting is at 6 p-m July 1 at the West Cadiz Park.